Officer criticized for writing police report on behalf of K-9
Prosecution service staff repeatedly requested that Peach write a report, so his fed-up partner wrote it for him
Paisley Daily Express
United Kingdom — A police dog was forced to 'write' a witness statement after prosecution officials repeatedly demanded it provide evidence for a court case.
The pooch — called Peach — was asked by Crown Prosecution Service staff to recount details of an arrest where it assisted.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert