FBI joins probe of Utah police department
The FBI is assisting with several separate but overlapping investigations, including possible drug corruption
Deseret Morning News
West Valley police call on FBI to investigate their drug unit
The fatal officer-involved shooting of Danielle Willard and other issues plaguing the West Valley Police Department has now resulted in requests for two independent FBI investigations. The department announced Wednesday that it has asked the FBI to conduct an investigation of its drug unit to determine whether there is "systemic corruption."
At the same time, the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office also asked the FBI to look into West Valley's issues for their own investigation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI joins probe of Utah police department
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department