Video: Cop grabs guitar, performs with street musicians
The officer gathered a crowd instantly as he strummed and sang an Oasis tune
WEST MIDLANDS, U.K. — A police officer was feeling the beat when he stunned shoppers by picking up a busker’s acoustic guitar — and started belting out hits by OASIS.
PC Ian Northcott stopped passersby in their tracks when he broke into his off-the-cuff street performance outside a busy shopping center in Birmingham. The West Midlands Police officer joined two buskers for a sing-a-long on Saturday and has since become a world-wide internet hit on YouTube.
A video of his performance uploaded by Ben Chambers, 22, from Leeds, has already attracted over 50,000 views. Yesterday Pc Northcott said he had picked up the guitar in an attempt to “break down barriers between the police and the public.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help