Brazilian referee beheaded for stabbing soccer player
The referee, 20, stabbed a player for shoving him during a game, and crazed fans retaliated
Daily Star Sunday
MARANHAO, Brazil — Crazed fans beheaded a football referee — then placed his head on a stake in the middle of the pitch.
Trouble flared at the game in Maranhao, Brazil, when referee Otavio Jordao da Silva, 20, stabbed a player who shoved him when a decision went against him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend