Photo: Man replaced car's steering wheel with pliers
The man was arrested on a slew of charges, including driving without due care and driving in a dangerous manner
Be Lee Moran
NY Daily News
ADELAIDE, Autralia – An unlicensed driver was busted for trying to drive his car with a pair of locking pliers. Cops in Adelaide, Australia pulled the 38-year-old over during Monday morning's rush hour because of two blown-out tires.
But they were shocked to find his vehicle didn't actually have a steering wheel - and he was controlling his ride by turning the shaft with the Vise-Grip.
He was arrested and charged with driving without proper documents and under the influence of methamphetamine and marijuana. He also faces charges of driving without due care, driving in a dangerous manner, driving while unregistered, uninsured and breaching his bail conditions.
Full Story: Wild ride: Cops stop Australian driver who drove car with pliers instead of steering wheel
(Adelaide Police Image)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman