Woman caught smuggling cocaine in 'baby bump'
A female authority grew suspicious to the woman's strange reaction when asked how far along the baby was
By Heather Saul
Canada — Canadian authorities have arrested a woman for attempting to smuggle two kilograms of cocaine concealed under a fake pregnancy stomach.
The Canadian national was searched by police at Botega's International Airport, after she allegedly reacted aggressively when asked by a security official how far into her pregnancy she was whilst trying to board a flight to Toronto.
Her reaction aroused the suspicion of a female official, who touched her stomach and realised it was "too hard and extremely cold", according to Colonel Esteban Arias Melo, the deputy director of Colombia's police anti-narcotics section.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department