Video: Clerk fights knife-wielding robber with shoe
The shop keeper suffered many cuts on his arm from the would-be burglar, who took several jabs before fleeing
By Piers Eady
BOLTON, England — This is the moment a heroic shop keeper fought off armed robbers in the middle of the night ... with one of his shoes.
The drama began when two masked men raided a service station in Westhoughton, Bolton, in the early hours of Saturday morning. One of the robbers was armed with a knife but the store worker fought him off with one of his shoes and a glass jar.
After a few seconds the robbers backed off and fled empty handed. The shopkeeper, who was praised by police for his bravery, needed 12 stitches in one arm.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper