Video: Protesting firefighters spray cops with foam
At one point, police officers stood knee-deep in foam on the street
By Anne Sewell
BRUSSELS, Belgium — Firemen in Brussels, Belgium were protesting against national budget cuts in the fire department on Monday. They set fires and thoroughly foamed police officers along the way.
Talks are apparently ongoing on the ministerial level on the new Belgian budget, and firemen decided to get out in the streets to protest against cuts in their insurance benefits, insufficient staffing and tougher retirement plans.
Burning tires in the streets, they sprayed water and foam onto the police guarding the building. At one point, police officers stood knee-deep in foam on the street.
Full Story: Video: Protesting firemen spray cops with foam in Brussels
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform