Video: Is this the world's most patient cop?
When a Scotland cop pulled over arguably one of the most frustrating motorists caught on camera, he kept his cool
By PoliceOne Staff
Scotland — A Scotland police officer’s patience was tested when he pulled over a motorist for using his cell phone behind the wheel who repeatedly refused to cooperate with the officer or even admit to using his phone.
The man, who was never identified beyond “John, son of David,” claimed to be a Scottish sovereign who was simply travelling, but not driving, as he excused himself from providing an identification, rolling down his window, or directly answering any of the officers’ questions.
The video taken from inside the motorist’s vehicle — which has now gone viral with over 300k views — has shed some positive attention on the officer, who managed to keep a sense of humor throughout the otherwise frustrating traffic stop.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform