Video: Officer hit by holiday train, bounces right up
The officer was keeping her eye on children as they tried to inch closer to the train, concerned for their safety
By Stacey Escott
HAMILTON, Canada — As thousands of people squeezed into Lawrence Road to get the best view of the Canadian Pacific (CP) Holiday Train's arrival, a Hamilton Auxiliary officer was hit by the moving locomotive as she tried to keep the crowd back.
But Karen Wallace brushes it off like it was no big deal — it was only a train. The volunteer officer of almost nine years had her sights set on a group on kids who kept trying to get closer as they saw the train coming in, she told them a few times to stay back but as the engine went by, Wallace was hit.
"The rail car clipped my left shoulder and then it just basically knocked me off balance and it caused me to fall and I hit my head, I bounced right back up," said Wallace, 48.
Full Story: Hamilton holiday train hits cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash