Man under house arrest asks for prison to escape wife
The 32-year-old Tunisian asked police if her could serve the rest of his sentence in jail to escape his wife
TUSCANY, Italy — A man in Tuscany has begged to be put in prison in a bid to escape his "unbearable" wife, local police said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Tunisian, who was under house arrest for drug dealing, went to the police on Tuesday afternoon and asked to serve the rest of his sentence in jail.
As requested, he was then taken by police to the district prison where he is now free of his apparently argumentative wife.
Full Story: Drug dealer begs for jail to escape nagging wife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen