Queens man charged with murdering father of 3 cops
QUEENS, N.Y.- Prosecutors charged a 28-year-old Queens man with murder and weapons possession in the stabbing death of a 78-year-old father of three city police officers.
Police said Carmine Randazzo was stabbed numerous times early yesterday afternoon on Parsons Boulevard. He was pronounced dead at Mary Immaculate Hospital.
William Scott was taken into custody about a block away from the stabbing. He was also charged in an August 12 assault of 48-year-old Lawrence Nelson on a street corner in Queens.
Queens District Attorney Richard Brown called the attack vicious, random and unprovoked.
Prosecutors said Scott is in custody Sunday, awaiting arraignment on Monday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help