Man killed in collision with Mass. cruiser
AGAWAM, Mass.- An Agawam police officer injured when his cruiser collided with another vehicle as he responded to an emergency was released from the hospital on Tuesday, police said.
The driver of the other car, who died in the accident, was identified by police on Tuesday as Jeannette Bourque, 85, of Windsor Locks, Conn.
Officer John Moccio, 26, was responding to another accident call at about 7 p.m. and was driving east on Mill Street when Bourque exited Cooper Street into his path, police said. Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
The accident is under investigation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court