5 people shot in Detroit in 10 minutes
The Associated Press
All the shootings were in a three- to four-block area on the city's west side, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.
A 48-year-old woman and a 58-year-old man died in the shootings after 6 a.m., Tate said. Three men were in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The woman was shot inside a vehicle in front of a day care facility, Tate said. There were no children at the day care at the time and the shooting didn't appear to be related to the facility, he said. The man was fatally shot just around the corner, Tate said.
Two of the wounded victims were shot while walking together, he said.
Tate described the suspects as young men, one wearing a hooded sweatshirt and the other in a dark coat. He said police had not established a motive for the shootings.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help