N.C. deputy's death investigated
By Steve Lyttle
The Charlotte Observer
Lincoln County authorities hope an autopsy today can help them solve the fatal shooting of a sheriff's deputy whose bound was found in her home Monday afternoon in Iron Stationh.
Lawanna Mason Ingle Morton, 46, a part-time deputy who had worked with the sheriff's office for five years, was found dead at her home on Gray Fox Road, according to Sheriff Tim Daugherty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. deputy's death investigated
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests