"A real victory for law enforcement": 8 accused of officer’s assassination arrested after 35-yrs.
By Jaxon Van Derbeken, Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writers
The San Francisco Chronicle
The arrest and charging of a group of former black militants Tuesday for the 1971 slaying of a San Francisco police sergeant ends decades of frustration for investigators who say the men were soldiers in a five-year war on law enforcement in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court