Organized crime ring cracked in Detroit
By Ben Schmitt
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT — Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox announced today that 10 people have been charged in an auto insurance fraud ring that he likened to organized crime that generated millions of dollars.
Cox spoke to the news media at Somerset Auto Center on John R, near 8 Mile in Detroit, which he called the ring's epicenter.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Organized crime ring cracked in Detroit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house