Ill. police get to keep $2.3 million from cash seized at truck stop
By Leah Thorsen
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
PONTOON BEACH--The police department in Pontoon Beach will take in $2.3 million as part of the largest cash forfeiture ever in Southern Illinois, authorities said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops