Ill. police get to keep $2.3 million from cash seized at truck stop
By Leah Thorsen
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
PONTOON BEACH--The police department in Pontoon Beach will take in $2.3 million as part of the largest cash forfeiture ever in Southern Illinois, authorities said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds