DA clears 7 Denver officers who fired at man
Hector Gutierrez, Rocky Mountain News
Copyright 2006 Denver Publishing Company
The Denver district attorney on Tuesday cleared seven officers of criminal wrongdoing for firing 13 rounds last month at an armed man who allegedly assaulted his wife prior to the gunfire.
Lorenzo Pasillas-Hernandez, 60, suffered gunshot wounds in his right leg, an entry wound in the stomach and exit wound in his back. Pasillas-Hernandez also suffered a wound in his jaw that investigators believe was self-inflicted, District Attorney Mitch Morrissey wrote in a letter to police Chief Gerry Whitman that explained his decision not to pursue a criminal case against the officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DA clears 7 Denver officers who fired at man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms