Texan fired as dispatcher, hired as officer, under investigation
DAVE MICHAELS, Austin Bureau
Copyright 2006 THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS
GLADEWATER - When the Gladewater Police Department fired Bryan Naismith as a dispatcher in 1993, his performance was so poor that his boss listed him as ineligible for rehire.
A decade later, the city hired him as a police officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman