Texan fired as dispatcher, hired as officer, under investigation
DAVE MICHAELS, Austin Bureau
Copyright 2006 THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS
GLADEWATER - When the Gladewater Police Department fired Bryan Naismith as a dispatcher in 1993, his performance was so poor that his boss listed him as ineligible for rehire.
A decade later, the city hired him as a police officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic