In police lineups, is the method the suspect?
Copyright 2006 The Christian Science Publishing Society
All Rights Reserved
By AMANDA PAULSON and SARA MILLER LLANA
The Christian Science Monitor
CHICAGO AND BOSTON
A police lineup is often the moment of truth in a criminal investigation. It's also, say many experts, highly fallible.
Of the 175 convictions overturned by DNA evidence, 75 percent were convicted largely because of eyewitness testimony that turned out to be mistaken.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: In police lineups, is the method the suspect?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house