La. cop investigated in neglect of duty;
PANO calls case a political witch hunt
Copyright 2006 The Times-Picayune Publishing Company
By WALT PHILBIN
A 30-year police veteran and commander of the NOPD Traffic Division is the subject of an internal administrative investigation into what Superintendent Warren Riley said Tuesday are allegations of payroll fraud and neglect of duty.
But a police association spokesman called the inquiry a witch hunt fueled by the officer's "longtime personal friendship" with the family of Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu, Mayor Ray Nagin's opponent in the May 20 runoff election.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. cop investigated in neglect of duty;
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy