Former Wisconsin officer testifies in civil lawsuit
Copyright 2006 Journal Sentinel Inc.
Bartlett says he can't recall number of shots he fired
By MEG JONES
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Former Milwaukee Police Officer Jon Bartlett fired 10 bullets through a Lincoln Town Car windshield four years ago because he thought a motorist was trying to run him over and kill him, he testified Monday.
Bartlett, 34, spent almost four hours on the witness stand as the federal civil trial stretched into a second week. He calmly answered questions from the lawyer hired by the family of Larry Jenkins, 31, who was shot to death by Bartlett on a Milwaukee street in 2002.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help