Former Wisconsin officer testifies in civil lawsuit
Copyright 2006 Journal Sentinel Inc.
Bartlett says he can't recall number of shots he fired
By MEG JONES
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Former Milwaukee Police Officer Jon Bartlett fired 10 bullets through a Lincoln Town Car windshield four years ago because he thought a motorist was trying to run him over and kill him, he testified Monday.
Bartlett, 34, spent almost four hours on the witness stand as the federal civil trial stretched into a second week. He calmly answered questions from the lawyer hired by the family of Larry Jenkins, 31, who was shot to death by Bartlett on a Milwaukee street in 2002.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house