Md. officer ran stop sign in crash that killed colleague
KELLY BREWINGTON, SUN REPORTER
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
Baltimore police Officer Raymond E. Cook Jr. sped through a stop sign at an intersection before his cruiser collided with another police car this month, killing Officer Anthony A. Byrd, according to a report released by the department yesterday. (Read Officer Byrd's officer down)
Deputy Police Commissioner Marcus Brown said failing to halt at a stop sign is a severe infraction that could lead to Cook's dismissal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house