Officers increasingly using online social networks for intel
By Erica Perez
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — Like a lot of 22-year-olds on the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus, Bryan LaChapelle knows his way around Facebook and MySpace.
Unlike most other twenty-somethings, however, LaChapelle is a police officer. Although others his age are using social networking Web sites to connect with friends and update each other on their daily lives, LaChapelle is using Facebook to root out campus crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds