Officers increasingly using online social networks for intel
By Erica Perez
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — Like a lot of 22-year-olds on the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus, Bryan LaChapelle knows his way around Facebook and MySpace.
Unlike most other twenty-somethings, however, LaChapelle is a police officer. Although others his age are using social networking Web sites to connect with friends and update each other on their daily lives, LaChapelle is using Facebook to root out campus crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help