Six D.C. officers on leave during probe of jailbreak
Inmates recaptured after breaking window
By Jim McElhatton and Amy Doolittle
The Washington Times
Copyright 2006 News World Communications, Inc.
WASHINGTON- Six D.C. correctional officers have been put on leave as the U.S. Attorney's Office leads a criminal probe into the escape of two D.C. Jail inmates over the weekend, authorities said yesterday.
Inmates Joseph Leaks and Ricardo Jones were caught in separate locations in Maryland and Virginia Sunday after they broke into the warden's office and fled through a window Saturday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman