Help sought finding killer of Chicago officer's son
The officer's son was fatally shot defending a woman.
By Whitney Woodward
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — Police on Thursday asked for the public's help in finding the man who fatally shot the son of a Chicago police officer outside a Southwest Side fast-food restaurant.
Ronald Heard Jr., 23, was shot multiple times around 4:15 a.m. Saturday at a White Castle drive-through at 69th Street and Western Avenue, police said. Heard, the son, godson and nephew of Chicago police officers, was intervening in an altercation between the gunman and a woman in the drive-through when he was killed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help