Help sought finding killer of Chicago officer's son
The officer's son was fatally shot defending a woman.
By Whitney Woodward
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — Police on Thursday asked for the public's help in finding the man who fatally shot the son of a Chicago police officer outside a Southwest Side fast-food restaurant.
Ronald Heard Jr., 23, was shot multiple times around 4:15 a.m. Saturday at a White Castle drive-through at 69th Street and Western Avenue, police said. Heard, the son, godson and nephew of Chicago police officers, was intervening in an altercation between the gunman and a woman in the drive-through when he was killed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds