Police testing handheld meth detectors
By Pete Smith
The USA TODAY
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Police are hopeful that a handheld device an Arizona company says can detect methamphetamine with the click of a button will provide them with a new investigative tool, but some lawyers already are raising concerns.
The meth scanner is being evaluated by law enforcement agencies in Missouri and Arizona. Tucson-based CDEX, the manufacturer, also plans tests on different types of meth in the next four weeks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police testing handheld meth detectors
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen