Police testing handheld meth detectors
By Pete Smith
The USA TODAY
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Police are hopeful that a handheld device an Arizona company says can detect methamphetamine with the click of a button will provide them with a new investigative tool, but some lawyers already are raising concerns.
The meth scanner is being evaluated by law enforcement agencies in Missouri and Arizona. Tucson-based CDEX, the manufacturer, also plans tests on different types of meth in the next four weeks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police testing handheld meth detectors
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert