NJ officers arrest armed man in 'police-type' uniform
The man was spotted by an off-duty officer
By PoliceOne Staff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Jersey City police arrested a man after he was spotted in a mall by an off-duty officer carrying a gun and wearing a “police-type” uniform, NJ.com reported.
The man was not carrying any identification. Police also found items in the man’s vehicle that summoned a bomb squad robot and water cannon.
Witnesses told the publication police removed a vest from the trunk that read “Police” with “U.S. Agent” underneath.
The incident is under investigation. No further information was available.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house