NJ officers arrest armed man in 'police-type' uniform
The man was spotted by an off-duty officer
By PoliceOne Staff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Jersey City police arrested a man after he was spotted in a mall by an off-duty officer carrying a gun and wearing a “police-type” uniform, NJ.com reported.
The man was not carrying any identification. Police also found items in the man’s vehicle that summoned a bomb squad robot and water cannon.
Witnesses told the publication police removed a vest from the trunk that read “Police” with “U.S. Agent” underneath.
The incident is under investigation. No further information was available.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform