Ill. sergeant suspected of murder resigns
By Matthew Walberg, Jo Napolitano and Josh Noel
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson "brought shame" to his department, his chief said Tuesday after the village's Police Board, which had no choice, accepted Peterson's resignation.
Chief Ray McGury filed a complaint with the Bolingbrook Fire and Police Commission Nov. 14 seeking disciplinary action against Peterson, who had been suspended without pay pending an internal investigation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. sergeant suspected of murder resigns
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests