Ill. sergeant suspected of murder resigns
By Matthew Walberg, Jo Napolitano and Josh Noel
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson "brought shame" to his department, his chief said Tuesday after the village's Police Board, which had no choice, accepted Peterson's resignation.
Chief Ray McGury filed a complaint with the Bolingbrook Fire and Police Commission Nov. 14 seeking disciplinary action against Peterson, who had been suspended without pay pending an internal investigation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. sergeant suspected of murder resigns
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds