Video resurfaces of traffic stop that led to Kasich calling cop 'idiot'
John Kasich is now being called ‘anti-cop’ by law enforcement
By PoliceOne Staff
COLUMBUS — A video tweeted out by a Milwaukee County sheriff shows a traffic stop of Republican presidential nominee John Kasich, who called the officer who pulled him over an “idiot”, AOL reported.
Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. tweeted the video along with the caption “This rat ba*tard @JohnKasich lied about this cop’s treatment of him as a lack of respect.”
Kasich was pulled over in 2008 for passing an emergency vehicle that was stopped with its lights on.
"Have you ever been stopped by a police officer that's an idiot," Kasich said in a speech. "I had this idiot pull me over on 315. Listen to this story. He says to me, he say, uh, he says you passed this emergency vehicle on the side of the road and you didn't yield.”
Kasich continued to tell the audience: "He's an idiot! We just can't act that way. What people resent are people who are in the government who don't treat the client with respect."
Clarke Jr. also accused Kasich in the tweet of being anti-cop for the incident.
The video has been viewed over 574,000 times.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman