Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
The San Diego Union-Tribune
NORTH COUNTY, San Diego — A teenager charged in the slaying of Oceanside police Officer Dan Bessant told detectives he fired a rifle with a scope at the officer six to seven times because the Police Department had been harassing his gang, a detective testified Monday.
Meki Gaono, 19, ran home, hid the rifle in his backyard shed and took off his outer clothing, Oceanside police Detective Sylvia O’Brien said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help