Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
The San Diego Union-Tribune
NORTH COUNTY, San Diego — A teenager charged in the slaying of Oceanside police Officer Dan Bessant told detectives he fired a rifle with a scope at the officer six to seven times because the Police Department had been harassing his gang, a detective testified Monday.
Meki Gaono, 19, ran home, hid the rifle in his backyard shed and took off his outer clothing, Oceanside police Detective Sylvia O’Brien said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
- Juvenile Crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman