Details emerge about Philly cop killers
The Philadelphia Inquirer
Officer Down: Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski
PHILADELPHIA — Police charged a journeyman boxer with murder and issued a warrant yesterday for an alleged accomplice in connection with the “assassination” of Philadelphia Police Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski on Saturday after a bank heist by three ex-cons.
“I’m going to let him have it,” Howard Cain, 33, allegedly said as he turned his high-powered rifle on Liczbinski Saturday afternoon. Police shot Cain dead minutes later.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details emerge about Philly cop killers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help