Gangs blamed in half of San Diego homicides
By Kristina Davis
San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Nearly half the homicides with known motives in San Diego County last year were at the hands of gangs, according to a study looking at victims and suspects of violent crime.
Investigators were able to determine a motive in 88 of the 105 homicides in the county last year. Of those 88, 41 were attributed to gang activity, according to a study released Tuesday by the San Diego Association of Governments.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gangs blamed in half of San Diego homicides
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms