Gangs blamed in half of San Diego homicides
By Kristina Davis
San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Nearly half the homicides with known motives in San Diego County last year were at the hands of gangs, according to a study looking at victims and suspects of violent crime.
Investigators were able to determine a motive in 88 of the 105 homicides in the county last year. Of those 88, 41 were attributed to gang activity, according to a study released Tuesday by the San Diego Association of Governments.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gangs blamed in half of San Diego homicides
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds