Officer who kicked K-9 had dog in backyard
By Dan Kane
The News & Observer
RALEIGH, N.C. — After a cell phone recorded video of State Highway Patrol Sgt. Charles L. Jones kicking his police dog, Ricoh, officials said the dog would be retired to another trooper's care.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer who kicked K-9 had dog in backyard
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic