N.Y. cops shocked by suspect's acquittal in officer's murder
2 NYPD officers shot during traffic stop
Hundreds line up to pay tribute to fallen NYPD officers
N.Y. cop testifies about the day his partner was slain
BLUtube video: "I had to take action as my partner lay dying"
By Alex Ginsberg
The New York Post
NEW YORK — In a shocking verdict last night, a Brooklyn jury let one of three suspects off the hook for the murder of rookie Police Officer Russel Timoshenko, convicting him only of weapons possession.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds