Calif. sheriff recovers weapons stolen from police
By Karl Fischer
Contra Costa Times
A trunkload of firearms stolen in the winter from Contra Costa County police agencies turned up last week in diverse corners of California, investigators reported Monday.
The recoveries in Stockton and San Andreas account for all weapons that went missing after a series of patrol-car burglaries in Martinez, Richmond and Clayton from December to February, Contra Costa sheriff's Capt. Daniel Terry said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman