Calif. sheriff recovers weapons stolen from police
By Karl Fischer
Contra Costa Times
A trunkload of firearms stolen in the winter from Contra Costa County police agencies turned up last week in diverse corners of California, investigators reported Monday.
The recoveries in Stockton and San Andreas account for all weapons that went missing after a series of patrol-car burglaries in Martinez, Richmond and Clayton from December to February, Contra Costa sheriff's Capt. Daniel Terry said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help