Seattle police looking for ties between officer's murder, car arsons
By Steve Miletich and Jennifer Sullivan
SEATTLE — Seattle police are looking for possible ties between Saturday's fatal shooting of veteran Officer Timothy Brenton in the Leschi area and the torching nine days earlier of four police vehicles at a city maintenance yard.
Both were "very well-planned and targeted attacks," police spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb said Monday as officials continued to investigate the shootings of Brenton and officer-trainee Britt Sweeney, who suffered minor injuries.
Police officials said Brenton and Sweeney, who came under fire while sitting in a parked patrol car, didn't appear to be specifically targeted, but were stalked because they were police officers.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform