Ga. K-9 killed and left in ditch, second K-9 beaten
ATLANTA, Ga. — A $1,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can lead police to the person who shot and killed a Griffin Police Department German Shepherd and then dumped the dog in a ditch beside a Lamar County Road.
The dog’s owner, Griffin police Cpl. Chad Moxon, reported Jimi, who belonged to the department, and his dog, Yeager, were missing from their kennel at his house on a dirt road in Lamar County. Moxon said he was at the firing range when the two dogs disappeared on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help