Scuffle with Pa. cop leaves mentally ill man dead
Cop's attorney said the man was panhandling halfway in the entrance
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Keith Briscoe started his days with a Newport and a Pepsi.
Three days a week, his mother gave him a pack and some cash, and Briscoe, who had schizophrenia, trudged to a Wawa store on Cross Keys Road in Berlin to buy a soda.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help