Scuffle with Pa. cop leaves mentally ill man dead
Cop's attorney said the man was panhandling halfway in the entrance
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Keith Briscoe started his days with a Newport and a Pepsi.
Three days a week, his mother gave him a pack and some cash, and Briscoe, who had schizophrenia, trudged to a Wawa store on Cross Keys Road in Berlin to buy a soda.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman