Texas teen's alleged beating angers activists
Source: No broken bones in alleged police beating
HOUSTON — Black community activists, angered by the beating of an African-American juvenile burglary suspect in police custody, called Tuesday for creation of a citizens review panel to combat racial discrimination by Houston police.
NAACP leaders, along with representatives of a nearly a dozen community groups, said the beating of then 15-year-old Chad Holley is the latest example of Houston police officers abusing minorities. Eight officers have been suspended in the incident, which was recorded by a surveillance camera at a nearby storage facility.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas teen's alleged beating angers activists
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house