Texas teen's alleged beating angers activists
Source: No broken bones in alleged police beating
HOUSTON — Black community activists, angered by the beating of an African-American juvenile burglary suspect in police custody, called Tuesday for creation of a citizens review panel to combat racial discrimination by Houston police.
NAACP leaders, along with representatives of a nearly a dozen community groups, said the beating of then 15-year-old Chad Holley is the latest example of Houston police officers abusing minorities. Eight officers have been suspended in the incident, which was recorded by a surveillance camera at a nearby storage facility.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas teen's alleged beating angers activists
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help