Md. police tie slayings to sale of marijuana
Cops have charged two people with murder in the slayings of two women and two children
Police say they have charged two people with murder in the slayings of two women and two children found in a trash-filled apartment in the Washington area.
Police in Prince George's County, Md., also say they believe the suspects were linked to the adult victims through the sale of marijuana.
A press release identified the victims Saturday morning as 38-year-old Dawn Yvette Brooks; her two children, 3-year-old Shayla Shante Sikyala and 4-year-old Shakur Sylvester Sikyala; and the children's aunt, 41-year-old Mwasiti Sikyala.
All four were from Lanham.
The two charged were identified as 43-year-old Darrell Lynn Bellard and 18-year-old Tkeisha Nicole Gilmer. It was unclear Saturday whether either had an attorney.
Copyright 2010 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help