Grenade launcher, 100 other weapons seized in New York
The Associated Press
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y.- Two men were arrested after investigators uncovered a stockpile of 100 weapons at their homes that included assault rifles, submachine guns and a grenade launcher.
"Simply put, there is absolutely no legitimate purpose to possess any of these weapons, no legitimate purpose at all," said prosecutor Thomas Spota.
Acting on a tip, investigators searched Acompora's home Sunday in West Islip on Long Island and seized about 50 weapons, they said.
Investigators searched Brozski's New York City home Tuesday and seized approximately 50 more weapons, including four Uzi submachine guns and a grenade launcher, prosecutors said.
Acompora's attorney, Frank Panetta, said his client has cooperated and did not believe he was doing anything wrong.
Brozski did not have an attorney at his arraignment, prosecutors said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform