Footprints in snow lead cops to suspects
A police detective tracked the boys through downtown neighborhoods to a home where one of them lived
By Christopher Cousins
Bangor Daily News
NEWPORT — Footprints in the snow leading away from a crime scene led to the capture of three juveniles who police say burglarized the Newport Redemption Center over the weekend.
Newport police Detective Randy Wing said the three boys, who ranged in age from 12 to 15, were each charged with burglary and theft Saturday after Wing tracked them through downtown Newport neighborhoods to a home where one of the boys lived.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Footprints in snow lead cops to suspects
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help