Footprints in snow lead cops to suspects
A police detective tracked the boys through downtown neighborhoods to a home where one of them lived
By Christopher Cousins
Bangor Daily News
NEWPORT — Footprints in the snow leading away from a crime scene led to the capture of three juveniles who police say burglarized the Newport Redemption Center over the weekend.
Newport police Detective Randy Wing said the three boys, who ranged in age from 12 to 15, were each charged with burglary and theft Saturday after Wing tracked them through downtown Newport neighborhoods to a home where one of the boys lived.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Footprints in snow lead cops to suspects
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman