Call leads cops to woman who killed son
An Indiana resident's call led them to a woman who fed her 3-year-old son olive oil and vinegar until he stopped breathing
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — A 31-year-old Indiana woman has admitted to the killing of her 3-year-old son.
Latisha Ann Lawson and her two children had been missing from their home since October. Someone who knew them spotted them on the news and told police where they could find them. The cops found Latisha, but only one of her children.
“It started with just a phone call,” said Raquel Foster of the Fort Wayne Police Department. “And then it just completely unraveled into what we now are looking into as a child-death investigation.”
Lawson told police she fed her baby olive oil and vinegar until he stopped breathing. She then wrapped his body in a blanket and stuffed him in a closet. That was 13 months ago.
Find out why in the video below.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms