FBI arrests most wantedsuspect after standoff[Lake Providence, LA]
Jesse James Caston was arrested Dec. 19 with the help of State police and East Carroll Parish Sheriff's Office after he barricaded himself in his father's house.
State police SWAT and FBI agents were tipped off that Caston had returned to East Carroll where allegedly he had shot his wife, her friend and a city police officer in April. He is also suspected in the murder of father and son, James B. Kelly, 59, and James M. "Bubba" Kelly.
A preliminary autopsy showed that both men had died from multiple gunshot wounds, Detective Lee Harrell, who is coordinating the investigation, told the Associated Press. He is related to the Kelly family.
Caston was arrested without any gunplay and no one was injured.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court