Charges days away in 'difficult' fan beating case
Chief says LAPD has "an abundance" of evidence tying Giovanni Ramirez to beating
By Justin Berton
San Francisco Chronicle
LOS ANGELES - It could take several more days before Los Angeles police present evidence to prosecutors against the primary suspect in the March 31 beating of a Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium, Police Chief Charlie Beck said Thursday.
"I have a very difficult case here," Beck said at a news conference, five days after officers arrested Giovanni Ramirez, 31, during a raid on an East Hollywood apartment. "It was seven weeks before we made that arrest, and we still have a lot to do. I can't jeopardize the case by giving out any more information."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman