Deputy cleared in Wash. shooting
Internal investigation determined the sheriff's deputy followed departmental policy
By Thomas Clouse
Spokane Spokesman Review
SPOKANE, Wash. — The Spokane County sheriff's deputy who shot a 74-year-old Spokane Valley pastor last year will face no disciplinary action over the fatal encounter.
Deputy Brian Hirzel followed all departmental policies and procedures during the Aug. 25 encounter with Wayne Scott Creach, Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said Wednesday in announcing the results of his internal investigation. He met with members of the Creach family earlier in the day to advise them of the findings.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Deputy cleared in Wash. shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house