Hacker group that hit police says it's disbanding
LulzSec released police personal info, some speculate they now fear police investigation
Spokane Spokesman Review
NEW YORK — A publicity- seeking hacker group that has left a trail of sabotaged websites over the past two months, including attacks on law enforcement and releases of private data, said Saturday it is dissolving itself.
Lulz Security made its announcement through its Twitter account. It gave no reason for the disbandment, but it could be a sign of nerves in the face of law enforcement investigations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help