Video: Beaten Giants fan had earlier confrontation
Beating victim Bryan Stow is seen arguing with a Dodgers fan during the game
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN FRANCISCO — Cell phone video emerged Monday showing San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow in a confrontation with a Dodgers fan not long before he was viciously beaten outside the L.A. team’s stadium in May.
It's unclear whether the video will have any impact on the case against Giovanni Ramirez, who does not resemble the fan in the video. Ramirez was arrested in connection with Stow's attack in late May. He has not been charged, but has since been sent back to prison for 10 months on an unrelated parole violation.
Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic, remains in critical but stable condition under heavy sedation to prevent seizures caused by traumatic brain injury.
During the game, Stow sent a text message telling a friend he was concerned for his own safety, and afterward, he was brutally beaten in the stadium parking lot.
It is unclear at what point during the game the video was shot.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house